Catalyst JH & HS Parent Meeting
Sunday October 26, 12:45-2pm in the FBC Loft (room E-205)
So why another parent meeting?
We are here to come alongside you as parents in developing your child, therefore we need to regularly spend time hearing from you and including you in our ministry plans.
- There will be info on future camps/mission trips. And you can find out about our lowest prices in years and how your child can go to camp for free!
- You’ll discover our strategy to help your child grow.
- You’ll get important info on Catalyst high school events.
- You’ll connect with other high school parents
- You’ll find out about opportunities to serve.
- You’ll find out how to best get your student connected into high school ministry.
- You’ll find out our teaching focus for this fall.
- You can pick up the Fall Calendar and ask whatever questions you want. We would love to get a head start and get you informed early about Summer and Winter Camps, our payment plan and scholarships. Often getting up to speed in June is too late, especially if you want to send your child to camp.
We are making this parent meeting mandatory for parents of students who want to go to one of our summer camps, be a part of a small group, or go on mission trip. But really, this is valuable for your family!
Lunch will be served and you may RSVP to Ellie Pond at email@example.com
Understanding Your Teenager: Parent Seminar
Saturday, November 8 from 9 am -noon
FBC Loft (Room E-205)
Cost is $10 per individual
This seminar is for parents and adults who work with teens and pre-teens. Attendees will learn what to expect from their children during the teen years and how to parent them with greater confidence, love and understanding. The six “principles for effective parenting” will give parents the road map they need to successfully guide their teens through the rough waters of adolescence.
We look forward to seeing you on Saturday, November 8, 2014 from 9 am – 12 pm. The seminar will be held in the Chapel at First Baptist Church of Elk Grove (located at 8939 East Stockton Blvd, Elk Grove 95624). Bring a pen to take notes in your Understanding Your Teenager notebook and come ready for a time of learning, new relationships, and laughter.
Dr. Les Christie, chair of the Youth Ministry Department at William Jessup University will be presenting the three hour seminar. Les was born in Liverpool, England and has worked with teens for more than 40 years, serving as youth pastor at one church for 22 years. A popular and enthusiastic speaker with a love for teenagers and parents, he has spoken to audiences in 48 states and 13 foreign countries. He has written over 200 articles in national magazines and has authored more than a dozen books. Les and his wife Gretchen live in Rocklin, California and have two grown sons.
If you have any questions leading up to the seminar, feel free to contact Ellie Pond at firstname.lastname@example.org or 916-685-4821 ext. 158.
Thanks again for joining us for this special opportunity to learn how to grow our teens up for responsible adulthood.
Online registration is recommended for this seminar fills quickly.
Click here to register for the Understanding Your Teenage Seminar (beginning October 5)